Multitalented as an instructional designer, software engineer and graphic artist with extensive experience in developing innovative courses and courseware tools for corporate education. A great designer and an inventive and effective developer who can implement solutions quickly. Instrumental at getting NCR ranked as #2 (Training Magazine 2001) in corporate education with the help of course development tools created. NCR continued to be ranked in the top 50. Expertise includes:
- Tool development
- Website design
- LMS and LCMS creation
- LMS migration
- Self-motivated and dependable
- CBT/WBT design knowledge
- Initiating new and unique solutions
- Ability to work in dynamic, cross functional and global teams
- Creating intuitive functionality with usability expertise
- Gathering and integrating instructor input for new features
|Languages:||Perl, ASP, VBScript, Visual Basic, ActionScript, PHP, VBA|
|LMS Platforms:||Saba, Plateau, Blackboard, Docent, edcor|
|Graphic Tools:||Adobe Photoshop, Fractal Design Painter, Flash, Corel Draw|
|Other Products:||WebEx, Captivate, Lectora, Camtasia, MS Producer, Centra, Articulate, Authorware|
Teradata (Dayton, Ohio)
In charge of maintaining training material for all Teradata SQL ILT classes for the department. Responsible for creating WBTs for Teradata SQL courses and Aster courses.
|Customer Education Consultant||2012 - present|
Crook Consulting (Corpus Christi, Texas)
Lead a team to develop online solutions for a variety of businesses including ACS (A Xerox Company), Texas A&M University Corpus Christi Community Outreach, Naismith Engineering, Mental Health Mental Retardation of Nueces County, Marohl Consulting, Funtrackers Family Fun Center, World Radio Network, NewLife Behavior Ministries and Christian Counseling of Johnson County.
|Website development and eLearning specialist||2009 - 2012|
- Created an iPhone app for the World Radio Network to stream seven of their stations.
- Developed LMSs and courseware for three companies/organizations in multiple languages using the ADDIE model.
L-3 Communications/D.P. Associates (NASCC - Corpus Christi, Texas)
Responsible for the creation and maintenance of aviation training courseware material for the US Navy - CNATRA. Includes using NDOMS, JPATS Tools, Authorware and TIMS (US security clearance).
|Authoring Systems Specialist||2010 - 2011|
- Developed a tool to transition 1000 courses written in an obsolete authoring language to a newer platform.
NCR Corporation (Dayton, Ohio)
Assisted in the migration of Learning Management Systems (LMS) involving design and tools to convert data from one system to another. Supported course instructors globally in getting their courses developed, online and connected to the LMS.
|Learning Consultant III - NCR University||2006 - 2009|
- Wrote code to bypass the limitations of the new LMS to provide output the course instructors needed.
- Created filtering code to separate the LMS database during the Teradata spinoff, providing an easier migration to the Plateau LMS.
- Developed a tool to convert legacy courses into SCORM-compliant courses so they could work without the major expense of LMS customizations.
Part of a team that created award winning interactive learning with a gaming approach. This led to the creation of development tools to speed up the course development process. Tools were created for CBTs, WBTs and Learning Management Systems.
|Learning Consultant III - Global Learning||1995 - 2006|
- Built NCR's first LMS (Datasaurus) before the existence of SCORM and AICC/CMI standards, to support the need for student based tracking, helping NCR become a leader in corporate learning.
- Two NCR learning groups merged with differing styles. A WBT development tool (WeBiT) was created in 1998 to toggle between those styles. WeBiT has been used by 68 developers, creating over 2300 courses, in 9 different languages.
- Many course developers were using WeBiT's default colors repetitiously. A style sheet editor was created to help them utilize a variety of other options.
- Most NCR instructors were new to WBT development, so in 2000 an eLearning Concepts course was developed to teach the various aspects of Web Based Training; benefitting 102 instructors.
- Many instructors were dissatisfied with the functionality of the off-the-shelf LMS. Created an eFacilitator to integrate with the LMS so instructors could monitor student course activity.
- Instructors wanted to build courses with various elements (PowerPoint, Word Docs, Flash movies, quizzes) so an LCMS (SCORM-Trooper) was developed. It has been used by 95 developers to create over 1300 courses, in 10 different languages.
With the dawning of multimedia PCs, developed multimedia applications in DOS and Windows, including multimedia courses and electronic course catalog.
|Learning Consultant II - Education Solutions||1991 - 1995|
Created computer graphics primarily for educational media, specializing in 2D and 3D animation. Wrote C programs for graphic applications.
|Learning Consultant I - New Instructional Technology||1986 - 1991|
Pepperdine University (Culver City, California) database administrator - School of Business
Intergraphic (Abilene, Texas) graphics programmer
Masters of Science - Educational Technology, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, Texas
Bachelor of Science - Computer Science, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
Bachelor of Art - Graphic Design, Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
ACM Special Interest Group of Computer Graphics (SIG-Graph), Visual Basic Users Group (VBits), eLearning Guild, Society for Applied Learning Technology (SALT)
US 2003/0008271 A1 - Web-based education (Filed on July 6, 2001 as Appl. No. 09900539)
US 2003/0177203 A1 - Developer tools for web-based education (Filed on March 13, 2002 as Appl. No. 10097722)
References can be found at www.linkedin.com/in/jaycrook